Shipping and Pre-order FAQ
How do pre-orders work?
BoxThrones are big and heavy, so it's difficult for us to keep them in a warehouse. Instead, we operate on a pre-order basis and BoxThrones are made to order once every few months.
We have production "waves" where we pre-sell a limited amount of products before or after the boat has left, and it arrives in the UK/EU about 2-3 months after pre-orders close.
Will I have to pay VAT?
VAT is included (free) for customers from the EU and the UK. Non-EU/non-UK customers will need to pay VAT upon delivery to DHL.
If Brexit occurs, we will ship to the EU and UK separately,
Wave 7 (current wave):
CURRENT STATUS: Taking pre-orders
- Pre-orders close: January 31
- Manufacturing: February 1 - March 10 (all factories have a 2 week shutdown for Chinese New Year)
- Shipping to Europe: March 10 - April 25
- Delivery to customers: April 25 - May 10
Wave 6 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Manufacturing
- Pre-orders close: November 30
- Manufacturing: November 30 - December 30
- Shipping to Europe: January 5 - February 15
- Delivery to customers: February 15 - February 28
Wave 5 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Arriving at port
- Pre-orders close: September 30
- Manufacturing: September 30 - November 19
- Shipping to UK: November 19 - December 15
- Delivery to customers: December 15 - January 10
Wave 4 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Half has been shipped from warehouse, other half arrives and ships very soon. (Containers were on two different ships).
- Pre-orders closed: July 31
- Manufacturing: July 31 - September 15
- Shipping to Europe: September 15 - November 21
- Delivery to customers: November 21 - November 30
Wave 3 timeline:
CURRENT STATUS: Complete
- Pre-orders close: May 15
- Manufacturing: May 15 - August 18
- Shipping: August 18 - September 5
- Delivery to customers: September 6 - September 20
What is your refund policy?
Because of the expense in shipping BoxThrones (we're sending hefty metal furniture across the world!), we cannot accept returns unless they are due to our mistake in picking/shipping (i.e., you received the wrong item or color in your order). We will send you a return label in this case and then reship the correct item to you once the error item has been returned to UPS.